Because there’s more to the Internet than UpToDate…
- Clinical Correlations is a peer-reviewed treasure trove run by the NYU School of Medicine. It’s awesome! I aspire to be like them. Check it out.
- E(B)M: an emergency medicine residency blog that has great cases and great learning
- This is more than just a blog: Life in the Fast Lane is a well-curated, thoughtful website with hundreds of case examples and real-life ECGs for practicing interpretation
- Download Wiki Journal Club : excellent, concise summaries of major papers. You can access the talking points for hundreds of studies on your smartphone on rounds and look like a superstar
- 2-Minute Medicine is a shortlist of the latest breakthroughs in medicine, and subscribing to their daily email gives you something fun to wake up to (if you’re weird like me)
- Also sign up for NEJM Journal Watch, which is like “morning headlines” of internal medicine. It’s a great way to stay abreast of all the new literature coming out and get a 1-2 line editorial from someone who knows what they’re talking about.